Depth Logistics are ITAR compliant freight forwarders so we can handle transportation of any controlled goods by any mode, to non proscribed countries.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is a United States Government regulatory regime that controls the movement of defence related goods and services listed on the United States Munitions List (USML). The objective of ITAR is to enhance the security of the United States and its Allied Nations by preventing listed items and services coming into contact or possession of people or countries on the proscribed country list.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of the types of items on the USML:
- Firearms, Close Assault Weapons and Combat Shotguns
- Materials, Chemicals, Microorganisms, and Toxins
- Launch Vehicles, Guided Missiles, Ballistic Missiles, Rockets, Torpedoes, Bombs and Mines
- Explosives and Energetic Materials, Propellants, Incendiary Agents and Their Constituents
- Vessels of War and Special Naval Equipment
- Tanks and Military Vehicles
- Aircraft and Associated Equipment
- Military Training Equipment
- Protective Personnel Equipment
- Military Electronics
- Fire Control, Range Finder, Optical and Guidance and Control Equipment
- Auxiliary Military Equipment
- Toxicological Agents, Including Chemical Agents, Biological Agents, and Associated Equipment
- Spacecraft Systems and Associated Equipment
- Nuclear Weapons, Design and Testing Related Items
- Classified Articles, Technical Data and Defense Services Not Otherwise Enumerated
- Directed Energy Weapons
- Submersible Vessels, Oceanographic and Associated Equipment
- Articles, Technical Data, and Defense Services Not Otherwise Enumerated
Below is the Proscribed Country List which can change so for the most up to date information you should refer to the US Department of State Directorate of Defense Controls website.
Afghanistan, Belarus, Burma, Cambodia, Central African Republic, China, Cuba, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, North Korea, Russia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Zimbabwe.
A manufacturer or exporter whose articles or services appear on the USML list must register with the U.S. State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC).
Failure to comply with ITAR can result in civil fines as high as US$500,000 per violation, while criminal penalties include fines of up to US$1,000,000 and 10 years imprisonment per violation.
Depth Logistics can help you navigate these regulations to transport your cargo on time, on budget, safely and securely.